Sunday, June 21, 2009

I also had experienced a minor dental problem in August that required treatment by a dentist. I had experienced some sensitivity in a tooth and decided to have it checked out. I checked with the people in the lab and finally Don told me of a clinic near the RAM facility. A quick phone call and the fact that I worked for RAM which had complete dental insurance got me an immediate appointment.

The dentist diagnosed my problem as a hairline crack in a filling and fixing it would be no problem. He started to drill the tooth before putting in a small filling. As he drilled he kept pushing harder and harder against the back of the tooth. He was pushing so hard that I started to reach up with my hand to push him back when he exclaimed, “Oops, I just broke your tooth off. I'm going to have to give you a temporary filling now because a the regular filling is going to take a lot more work and time.” With that he gave me a temporary filling and told me to come back in a couple of weeks for a permanent one. The dentist seemed quite nervous about the whole incident, but I dismissed it at the time as a result of his having made a mistake. Later, I was so sure the whole incident was truly an
accident. I examined the tooth in the mirror and found the entire back half of the tooth had been broken off at the gum line. It was not a minor slip.

I began to express my doubts to my wife. “How can I be sure “they” didn't arrange to have my tooth broken. Their whole intent seems to be to inflict as much pain and frustration on me as they can.

I continued. “And you know how “they” work. The could have had this done to my tooth, or it could have been an accident. I just don't believe it was an accident because the dentist was pushing so hard I was ready to stop him, I said to Anita. I think it was deliberate, but I can't prove it.”

Anita just listened and said nothing.

Two weeks later, in early September I returned to the dentist to get a permanent filling. I had a noon time appointment in order to avoid missing any work. When I arrived the receptionist informed me there would be a slight delay because the dentist had an emergency. Just as I sat down, out of the dentist's office walked Don Slewowski. He smiled and said, “Hi Russ. I hope you don't mind my using your time, but when I called and found out this time was yours I convinced the dentist to fit me in.”

I was stunned. It was just too much of a coincidence that my boss should have an “emergency” on the same day and time that I had my appointment. And how did he know that the time was reserved for me?

When I went in to the dentist, he was visibly nervous and his hands were shaking. He gave me an examination and then filled the tooth he had broken. The filling was so large that it required a pin to hold it in place.

I was furious. I was convinced my broken tooth had not been an accident or at the very least, things had been orchestrated to make it look like it had not been an accident. When I went home that evening I decided to test Anita. I started by saying “Well the dentist fixed my tooth today and he gave me a complete examination. I'll bet you can never guess who was in the dentist chair when I got there."

Without even pausing, Anita replied. “Don Slewowski”.

“Yes,” I replied. “Some coincidence that he just happen to have an emergency today.”

Anita's response was reassuring because it told me that the coincidences were so obvious that she recognized them as such. After that part of the conversation I went on raving about how sick my tormentors were, and that I couldn't even afford to get sick because I didn't know if I would get proper medical treatment.

No comments: