Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Dissolution of the last remaining items in my life.

I now openly expressed my bitterness at work, and I frequently made some comments about some harassing act of the past. The annoying phone calls had greatly reduced in frequency and one day I made a sarcastic comment to my office partner about how I missed those annoying calls. The next day I received three calls at work. In each case, the calling party hung up on me.

Anita and I started to work on the main items of a separation agreement and after a few weeks we had finally agreed on most things. We agreed that my attorney would draw up the official agreement. I retained my attorney and Anita found a new attorney to represent her. We scheduled a meeting with our attorneys on Friday, March 5, 2002.

On the morning of the 5th, my manager Stu called me into his office to inform me that I would be receiving an eight percent pay increase effective immediately. I told Stu that I didn't want the raise and that I would contribute the money to psychiatric fees if "they" would get the help that "they" needed. He informed me that I had no choice, and that the raise was now in effect.

That afternoon I met with my attorney first and he went over a list of questions. When he got to my salary, I gave him my "old" rate of pay. He looked at me and refused to put it down. Then he said, "Well, you'll probably be getting a raise soon so why don't we put down you expected salary."

"It really doesn't matter." I said. "I'll be losing my job soon anyway."

"Why, are you going to be fired?" he asked.

"NO, I'll probably be forced to resign, like the last time."

"Well, why don't we put down you new salary anyway."

His figure was a couple of hundred dollars from my new salary, and from his insistence on raising my stipend on the final agreement sheet, coupled with the totally unexpected pay raise at work made me suspect that "they" were responsible for the whole affair. And I wondered why my attorney was so willing to raise my stipend in the agreement which would raise the amount of alimony I had to pay to Anita. Finally, I gave him a list of items that Anita and I had agreed on and then left his office.

The next major problem was selling our house. Interest rates on mortgages were at an all time high and the sales of homes were at a stand still. We decided to try to sell the house ourselves rather than depend on a realtor in the hope of attracting some customers through the lower price. We listed the house at $69,000 which was several thousand dollars below a real estate agent's appraisal. To our surprise, we received an offer at our asking price the first week after putting the house on the market. Real estate agents had told us it was taking nine to twelve months on the average to sell a house like ours.

The offer caused us both joy and sadness. We were happy to be able to sell the house in a very depressed market, but at the same time, the sale meant the permanent dissolution of our marriage. The sale of the house was contingent on the buyer obtaining a mortgage, but the conditions for obtaining a mortgage were so generously defined that we were sure there would be no problems even in a mortgage market were the prevailing interest rates were 17-19 percent. I was also sure "they: would not interfere with the sale. After all, the sale of the house was a loss and a destructive action which fit into their overall plan.

This is an added note to show you how the Nazi state works. This sale took place in the summer of 1982 when RONALD REAGAN was president, not Jimmy Carter. I point this out because I recently heard Glen(I wouldn't know the truth if it hit him between the eyes) Beck stated the interest rates and inflation reached the 19-20 percent under Carter. Most people have been so indoctrinated that they forget that interest rates and inflation soared under Reagan in the early eighties. I always remember because that is when I sold my house and I know the unbelievable mortgage interest rate the buyers had to pay.

No comments: