Sunday, July 22, 2012

What do you expect?!


About the shootings in Colorado -  There will be stories about those who survived, about those who died and those escaped unharmed.  Then there will be endless debates about more gun control and more gun proliferation ad nauseam.   Finally there will some great conclusions about what this all means.  In other words, more bullshit.

What do you expect?  This is amerika – a very violent nation -  A nation that spends most of its budget on the military to carry out wars in countries 8, 10, 12 thousand miles away in order to destroy the target country and to kill untold number of innocent victims in the process.  This is a country with the highest murder rate of any comparable nation.  This is a country with more guns per capita that any other nation.  This is a country that sells more weapons to other countries than any other nation.  This is a nation with one law – MIGHT IS RIGHT!  So I ask you again, what do you really expect?

The only difference to the man who did the shooting in Colorado and the people who tried to torture me to death is that my captors have the power to hide their crimes against humanity.   My captors like to think they are better than the shooter but the reality is they just appear different, more socially acceptable, more affluent and live better lives.  Take a look at the personalities and descriptions of Hitler’s men like  Eichman, Mengele, Himmler, Goebbles and  see how they looked and acted. Those men acted in their society the same way as the power brokers in the present day fascist empire do.
Back to my story:

My new job in Rolla did not last long as I was subjected to harassment and terrorism through conditioning from the moment I started on the job.  The first day I walked into the office, the receptionist greeted me and signed me in.  When she saw my name was Russell, she said that they had another person named Russell working there and that she would call me by my nickname “Chip”.  I quickly informed her that Chip was not my  nickname.  She repeatedly insisted that my nickname was “Chip” and then continued to call me “Chip” every time she addressed me.  Each time I corrected her and finally insisted that she stop calling me “Chip”.  Finally she said, “Oh, it must be the other Russell who has the nickname  “Chip”.  I headed for my new office feeling relieved that she had finally stopped calling me “Chip”.

Imagine my surprise when latter in the day when talking to a new co-worker, I discovered that the other Russell with the company was the son of the receptionist and that his nickname was “Chip”.  I really couldn’t believe that the mother couldn’t tell me from her son.  But that was my introduction on my first day and it was typical of the confusing, misleading double-talk that I would experience during my short time at this job.

No comments: