Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another attempt to start over.

After the horrors of Daytona Beach, I was glad to leave the place.  I packed my two suitcases and with the aid of a friend and a car, I moved to Orlando.  Orlando in general was a more mature, family friendly city compared to Daytona Beach.  The Disney influence on the city was evident in many ways.  One thing in particular that I learned to appreciate was the planning that went into the expansion and development of the area.  Most new developments in the city were well thought out and designed with the people in mind.  The rapid growth which was evident everywhere was well controlled and designed.

Housing was more expensive compared to what I had been paying, and as a result I had to move into an much larger apartment complex in the south part of Orlando.  The location gave me access to a major east west highway and two north/south streets.  This meant I could get around the city fairly easily on the bus system which ran frequently and regularly through my area.  While not ideal, the apartment complex I choose seemed to be well situated.

As usual, my first week in my new apartment was quit normal, but it didn't take long for The Crazies and their Nazi supporters to find ways to harass me and try to make my life miserable.  Still, the overall move to Orlando was a positive one.

More on life in Orlando in a couple of weeks.

No comments: