Sunday, May 31, 2009

Illness Problems Get Worse

My attempt to find another job came to a complete halt. In early April, after several delays, I went on an interview trip to and east coast company. I was so run down that I had difficulty staying awake during the interview. Obviously I did not get the job and that experience told me I should cancel all other job hunting efforts until I regained my health. Thus I terminated all efforts to find a job and concentrated on regaining my strength and my health.

By the end of April I was feeling better, but I was still having difficulty swallowing. The doctor decided to run some more tests. A couple of days later I returned to his office for the test results. The doctor appeared anxious. He told me to sit down and then asked me, “Are you very religious? Do you have a minister or someone you can talk to?”

I just sat there wondering what was wrong.

He continued! “There seems to be a spot on your x-ray at the base of your esophagus. We are not sure what it is. It appears to be some sort of growth.”

I sat there stunned. After all I had been through now I was being hit with this. We talked about what the x-ray showed and the doctor was not very encouraging. Ironically, the doctor himself had had throat cancer and was very knowledgeable on the subject. From his experience and based on the location of the growth, he concluded there was a 90% chance the lump was malignant. The doctor also suggested that I talk with someone for both my medical problems and for my Gamma Supplies problems which I had mentioned to him. He then scheduled me for some more tests to determine if the lump was cancerous or benign. It would take a week to have the test run and to get the results.

Later that week I was Paul Dujour a Ph. D. Clinical psychologist, and I began to relate my Gamma Supplies story to him. I was relieved when he didn't doubt me and he was willing to try to help me. Since I was in a very anxious state because of my medical problems, he suggested that I see a psychiatrist who could prescribe medication to help me calm down.

The next day I was Dr. Mengele, a psychiatrist, for a short visit and suffered a severe anxiety attack when he refused to believe anything I told him. He concluded I was totally crazy and then prescribed medication for me. The medication did help me calm down, but the visit to Dr. Mengele put Ralph Dujour and my family doctor, both whom believed me in the middle between Dr. Mengele and them. Paul was a professional colleague of Dr. Mengele and he had to listen to and respect the opinions of Dr. Mengele. However, Paul continued to believe me and support me in subsequent discussions.

What bothered me about Dr. Mengele was not his opinion of me as a person, but rather his opinion supported the government/big business plan to make me look mentally ill. I could not let that happen. Later I was to find out that Dr. Mengele was head of the Psychiatric Department at East Scranton General Hospital and I learned that his staff had a very low opinion of him. As a Dr. Menegele colleague psychiatrist said to me on a later occasion, “Dr. Mengele is on the wrong side of the desk!” What I later found out about Dr. Mengele and many people, but not all in the psychiatric profession IN THE US, is that Dr. Menegele placed a premium on serving the political system and on acquiring power.

No comments: