Tuesday, May 12, 2009

POWER/STUPIDITY/INSANITY

After my resignation at Costeal, Anita and I drove back to Pennsylvania. We arrived
at my parents house on Saturday March 11, and the night there. The next day we
immediately left for the American Chemical Society meeting in Anaheim, California. The flight was comfortable and I got some much needed rest, but my health still was not very good. I was beginning to wonder about the wisdom of searching for another job right away and as I sat on the plane, I thought more and more about using the trip for a vacation. The reason I had decided to take Anita with me was because I thought she could use a break and a little vacation would do her good too.

The weather in Anaheim was excellent and unseasonably warm. I attended the ACS
meeting and related my tale to several friends I met there while Anita enjoyed the sun at the beach. Interestingly, I didn't get any funny talk from my friends and while they all expressed sympathy, none of the could offer and real solution to my problem. And most important was that none of them questioned what had happened to me.

I also attended the Employment Clearing House and had several interviews with
prospective employers. I did not try to hide anything and tried to relate my experience as best I could in a half hour interview. One sympathetic interviewer suggested I write to the Professional Relations Staff at the American Chemical Society. I thanked him for his help.

The interviews were hard on my throat because they usually required about twenty minutes of talking. It seemed like I was on a steady diet of throat lozenges and antibiotics.

I found it interesting that no one doubted what I told them. That meant that Darth Korey was absolutely wrong that no one would believe me and I already knew I could prove what I was saying. On reflection, that meant Darth Korey was TOTALLY out of touch with reality. That is INSANITY! Psychopathic behavior at one time was called “moral insanity” and my experience at the ACS meeting made me realize that was definitely dealing with dangerously insane captors.

People frequently would ask "why would they do that"? And the answer is because they could! There was nothing to stop these people from government/big business. And ultimately that is what POWER is. Power is the ability to be as STUPID, as INSANE as you want to be. If a person without power does something stupid or insane, they will have to face the consequences eventually. If you have power, that is not true. In fact, when someone with power does something stupid, other people pay the consequences. And you see people everyday in politics and business do really stupid and insane things and you ask yourselves, "why did they do that"? The answer is because they have power.

No comments: