Monday, August 1, 2011

The fight continues.

At first I rebelled against the continued confinement and considered a hunger strike as a form of protest. When I refused to eat I was informed I would be fed intravenously to keep me alive, Since I was sure they could do that, I decided to cooperate to see if I could get out at the end of the ten days.

I was given heavy doses of lithobid(for bipolar!) and a tranquilizer in an attempt to "cure" me. As usual, I had adverse reactions to the drugs and the dosage was eventually was reduced. I felt thankful that I was so sensitive to these toxic drugs that I couldn't be kept on high levels to produce the doped up, drugged state that the keepers of mental hospitals love to maintain. Psychiatrists seem to feel comfortable with people walking around in a zombie-like state. To them, what I call the zombie state is usually referred to by the psychiatrists as an improved mental states. Fortunately I was able to avoid that condition.

I also refused to see my parents and sister when they wanted to visit me, but eventually I acquiesced and consented to speak to them. In our first face to face encounter since the hearing little was said. We sat there on a couch looking at each other when my sister started crying and in a pleading tone said, "Damn it Russell, you have to stop writing those letters!" What she was asking me to do was stop my campaign against the fascist state and their use of torture against citizens. I am sure she naively believed that if I was just docile and obedient, The Crazies would leave me alone. I had tried that line of reasoning in the past and I knew it was a waste of time trying to explain the fallacies in her thinking. You cannot appease psychopathic/sociopathic terrorists. And since everything in my life had already been destroyed I had absolutely no interest in appeasing the insane scum that had created my condition. Little else was said during that meeting and when my parents and sister finally left, I wished they had never come. I knew beyond doubt now that the battle was mine and mine alone to fight. And I would fight!!!!

No comments: