Friday, September 2, 2011

How conditioning effects the victim.

While I was still at my parent’s house, I continued to write my manuscript and I attended education courses at the local university. Pennsylvania has a program where if you had an advanced degree in some other field, you can become certified to teach at the high school level if you take designated core education courses. This program only requires a couple of semesters to complete and then you are qualified to teach in the public school system. I thought if I could get in the public school system, even The Crazies wouldn’t want to expose young people to the truth about the fascist state and thus I would be safe from there terrorism and their attempts to make me look crazy.
A good example of how conditioning works when done as long as it was done to me occurred one evening when I was watching TV. A commercial came on for Bell Telephone; the Reach Out and Touch Someone commercial. At the end of the commercial, there is a picture of a hand holding a phone receiver and the only sound is a dial tone. I was lying on the couch when I glanced down at my rigid body. I was stiff like a board and my arms were straight against my side with my fists clinched. That is what seven years of 24/7/365 harassing phone calls that always ended with a dial tone when I picked it up. And I could no longer stand the sound of phone ringing. That’s what incessant terrorism and conditioning does to a person.
The phone ringing and the dial tone are obvious conditioning stimuli to anyone, even the most ardent fascist lover. But what about all the other less obvious stimuli The Crazies conditioned me to? The more subtle ones that a Nazi lover could interject in what would appear to be a normal conversation to an uninformed observer. The conditioned response of the victim would make the Nazi victim look and act crazy. Then the ruling fascists could then tell the victim that he is crazy.
So does the ringing phone and dial tone still have an effect on me? The answer is no, but for reasons you might not consider. First, modern electronics allows me to screen my calls and answer them with an answering service. But most important is the sound of the stimulus is different. First, the conditioning was done with the old bell and clapper ring. Today’s phones use electronic rings which are totally different in sound. And again because of advances in electronics, the dial tone sound is different. Therefore it has no effect on me. However, there have been one or two occasions where I have been walking down a street and an old fashion phone with the old clapper sound will ring and it does cause me to react slightly.

No comments: