Thursday, October 27, 2011

How the fascist system really works

The interesting thing about Ravi being a vice president with a company that was connected to the foundry industry is that he had been unemployed for a long period of time and then secured his current position just prior to testifying for Gamma Supplies in the patent infringement lawsuit. So now you know how the ruling fascists get cooperative witness. You say what they want you to say or you don’t work! Now Ravi was not poor like me. He had worked many years for an oil company and his wife was the daughter of a wealthy Indian family. Her father had been a diplomat for the Indian Government. Thus Ravi had sufficient funds to survive an extended period of unemployment and he could have always fled the country and gone back to India. But unlike me, Ravi had not been brutally tortured and terrorized. Therefore, Ravi was willing to lie for the ruling fascists and give them their court testimony in exchange for a high paying job. The ruling fascists get favorable/friendly testimony through economic EXTORTION! Amerika – what a system!

Since I could not afford to stay in Washington, DC for the remainder of the ACS meeting, I immediately headed back to my parent’s home. I had wanted to stay and attend some of the technical presentation and get up to speed on what was happening in the science and technology worlds, but I had already spent more than I could afford for the two days I was there for interviews.

Shortly after attending the ACS meeting, I resumed classes for teacher cetrification at the local university. If I completed the core education courses and a semester of student teaching, This would take a year, but in the end I would be certified to teach high school chemistry and science and thus I would have some source of income and my years spent becoming a scientists would not have been wasted.

The cost of going back to school was a major obstacle and in an effort to alleviate the financial burden, I obtained a part-time teaching position at a near-by junior college. The position required me to teach several evenings a week and the eleven hundred dollars in income for the two and a half months work mad the job worthwhile. However, when I informed the Social Security office of my plans, I was informed that even though the teaching position was part-time, the income averaged out to be over three hundred dollars a month, and therefore I would no longer be eligible for my Social Security disability payments of six hundred dollars a month. So much for an incentive to find work. As a result, I had to decline the offer to teach.

No comments: