Friday, February 3, 2012

Life is not all about what you can see!

After all of the commotion of the first week, events settled down to a more routine pattern. I worked on ideas Stanley gave me, and tried to work on some ideas of my own. However, one strange phenomenon started to occur. Whenever Herb(plant manager) would come into my office to talk to me, I would experience great physical pain. My whole body would be racked with pain while he talked to me and then when he left my office, the pain would disappear. The pain was so intense, that I would avoid Herb just to avoid the pain.

A couple of days after my last painful conversation with Herb, I was sitting at my desk when suddenly I heard a loud rumble coming from the plant and I could feel the earth shake beneath my feet. I sat there for a few seconds and then got up from my desk, walked across the lab and out the back door and started toward the plant. Out of nowhere, a pickup truck came tearing around the corner and headed for the exit. Paul was driving and in the passenger seat, sat a motionless, unconscious Herb. Someone was running behind the truck yelling that the boiler had blown up and that Herb had been killed.

It turned out that Herb was not dead, but he was seriously injured and he would spend the next month in the hospital. Paul had driven him into Paducah to the nearest hospital where Herb was treated. Apparently Herb had been working on the boiler when it blew up and a large metal plate had hit Herb and driven him back across the room and pinned him to the wall. Paul’s quick action had saved him father’s life.
What was interesting to me was that when Herb returned to the plant several weeks later, I felt absolutely no pain when I was in his presence. It was if the pain I had felt was a harbinger of the pain Herb was about to experience in and from the boiler explosion!

Now comes the spooky part. I had always had some "unusual" talents and abilities. Somehow I would know things before they happened and it was so natural to me that I thought everyone was like that. Remember, I said that as a child I had reoccurring nightmares in which I was ostracized from society and finally my parents told me that it was because of the government. And 25-30 years later, that is exactly what happened to me. And my belief of special talents isn't a delusion on my part. I had previous bosses(in legitimate jobs) tell me that I had "a sixth sense about things", I had "golden hands" because I could make things work in the lab that other people couldn't, and that I could "read people and see things about them" that other people couldn't see. I always just attributed it to my diverse background and upbringing.

However, throughout my battle with the fascist state and The Crazies, it seemed like I was always handed the truth and answers which thwarted The Crazies stupid schemes. Someone on TV the other day said that there is a fine line between clever and stupid. The Crazies with all their power fail to recognize that. But I digress.

I would have been dead if something hadn't intervened and kept me alive when I was at RAM. Another example of being handed the answers is when I described the bizarre manner in which I found the word "oligarchy" when I was trying to describe this fascist state. And purely by chance I saw the show on why The Crazies steal their victim's underwear. But just as the Bible says, the evil doers will curse God when he reveals the truth and that is what the Crazies did.

Because of all of the stress that The Crazies kept me under, my senses seemed enhanced as with the pain I felt in Herb's presence. And as I would latter find out in my readings. prolonged severe stress will heighten you senses.

And this anti-fascist presence in my life manifested itself to others. When I was about to leave Pennsylvania for Kentucky I visited a female friend to say good-bye. When she greeted me, she blurted out "you won't believe what happened to me last night. I was sleeping and around 3:00 AM something woke me up and I sat up in bed. And there at the foot of my bed was a figure in a purple rob! It walked over to the side of my bed and said to me, 'Don't worry, he will be alright'. And I was awake, I wasn't dreaming!" "Do you believe me?" She asked frantically. I just smiled and said "yes, I'm sure that happened." She continued to describe it in more detail and then finally became calm.

In the next post, I'll get back to my job and the other things that were going on in my life at that time. And from time to time I'll post some of the bizarre happenings that took place.

No comments: