Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Greedy Bastards" - The US as it really is. Read the book.

Since the heat in the lab. had finally been turned on, I did not have to work in the cold until a few days after I started coughing when the heat was turned off again. I tried to find out how to turn it back on, but was not successful. Herb and Marge didn't seem to have any knowledge about why the heat was off again in the lab.

The heat remained off for about two weeks and not once did Herb or Marge make any comments about the lack of heat or about my cold and cough. The temperature in the lab during the day would reach a high of about 50-55 degrees which was not much warmer than the temperature outside. After approximately two weeks without heat, the heating system went back on. The two weeks of working in the cold did not help my already poor health.

What I considered the fascist state's attempt to exacerbate my declining health took more subtle forms than just turning on the heat. Suddenly, Stanley began to make all sorts of unreasonable demands that required extensive effort on my part. He would demand that all lab work be completed before a production run in the plant. He would then schedule a production run a few days out so that I had to work all weekend to meet the deadline. At one point, I had worked twelve consecutive days which included several sixteen hour days. Needless to say, the long hours left me exhausted and made any hope for recovery from my physical illness impossible.

No comments: