Monday, June 25, 2012

I had to accept the job offer in Rolla, MO just to get out of Paducah and to get some money.  I had no hope for a long term job and wondered how long I would be employed.  My last job in Paducah had lasted less than 9 months and my physical and mental condition was much worse now that when I took the Paducah area job.  Also, The Crazies had increased the level of harassment and terrorism as though they were making one last big push to get rid of me.

While I was still living in Paducah, I took a couple of days to drive to Rolla to find an apartment that was near the laboratory where I would be working and that I could afford.  On the second day, I found a small apartment in a rural area outside of Rolla and only a few miles from the laboratory.  I had refused the company offer to help me find an affordable place, because I wanted to keep my movement as random as possible.  I didn't want to give The Crazies any opportunity to set me up in some place where I would be confronted with more harassment at home.  At least in Paducah I had been fortunate enough to find places to live where the landlords and tenants tended to be sympathetic toward my situation.  I wouldn't be as lucky in Rolla.

Overall, it is hard for me to find anything good to say about Rolla, MO.  Even though Rolla is a University town, most of the people in the area tend to be uneducated and extreme in their right-wing political views.  A major influence in the area is the Army military base, Ft. Leonard Wood which militant locals refer to as their gun supplier.  Hate groups are aboundant and they all claim to hate the government which they describe as a  pawn for some nefarious, ill-defined Zionist plot.  And you don't find many afro-americans living in Rolla(1986).  More on that later.

While I'm on hate groups, The Crazies did allow literature from these various organization to reach me.  For some reason a letter from a girlfriend is intercepted by the fascist state, but hate literature from wacko groups made it to me with no problems.  You can see what the priorities and values are of The Crazies.  For a normal person, the hate literature of these groups would literally make you feel sick.  There is no way to describe it and I got rid of it as fast as I could.

These hate groups are usually headed by some retired military officer - Colonel or Major so and so, or the head of a group will identify himself as a former FBI agent.  The all claim ties to the fascist state.  And they all  use the Bible to justify their hatred.  I had never seen the Bible used so much to justify hatred and it was disturbing even to someone who had a very good reason to hate the fascist state.  If you go back in US history you will find that the Klu Klux Klan was a very powerful political influence at the turn of the 20th century and it was based on hatred and violence.  This is amerika folks.  And the fascist rulers at best ignore these groups and at worse, encourage them.

As I get more into my day to day experiences in Rolla, I will give specific events that show how prevalent this hate mentality is.

No comments: