Friday, January 28, 2011

Hope you never run into a psychopath.

I left Stu's office fully aware that it was a matter of time before I lost my job. Asking for my resignation at that point was not a coincidence. I had just lost my wife and my house and now the sick Nazis were after my job. As usual, the timing was meant to generate as much stress as possible. Psychologists have a scale for rating the stressfulness of events which occur in a person's life and the three events which were taking place in my life, loss of wife, house and job, are three of the stressful events that can occur in your life. In fact the three events mentioned are three of the top four stress producing events.

Under a normal situation, a separation from a spouse, the sale of your house and the loss of your job within a short period of time would be enough stress to cause a healthy person serious physical, mental and emotional problems. Now, after six years of mental torture, I was being confronted with this additional stress. Threats which the Nazi had made and had been used for years to terrorize and control me were now materializing. And since it was four years since I had left Gamma Supplies, how could it be related to the outside observer?

I maintained my position that I would not resign and tried to think of some way to preserve my job. Over the 4th of July weekend, I drafted a letter to the U. S. Attorney General which described my situation. I really didn't expect any help since the FBI(Fumbling Bureaucratic idiots)refused to help me earlier, but I wanted to make sure I had covered all possibilities. Somehow in my battered mind, I still separated the government from my problem which I perceived as business related. If I were to receive help, it had to be through an agency as larger as big business. The U. S. government was the only agency that I could think of. Even though years earlier I had argued with a friend that the government had to be behind my problems I still mailed the letter with the hope that reason might prevail and that I might salvage my job.

I returned to work after the July 4th holiday and struggled to do anything. The anger and pain was so great that I struggled to function. I spent a good part of the day wondering how could I ever work again after all of the abuse I had been subjected to.
____________________________________

I watch the movie "The Capture of the Green River Killer" the other night. At the end of the show, the police officer who worked 19 years to capture the killer, interviewed the psychopath. The comments attributed to the psychopath mirrored the attitude of the people who had imprisoned me.
1. He had no remorse. Killing 71 people was his "job".
2. The people he killed were "filth" and deserved to die.
3. He evaded capture for so long because he "fit in" and appeared harmless. He held a steady job for over 30 years, he was married and fit into his community.
4. He enjoyed killing his victims.
5. It was simple to do. In other words he was smarter than everyone else.
6. The killer did not consider himself particularly evil.

These are exactly the characteristics of Darth Korey and the people behind him - psychopaths. As the police officer in the movie told his daughter; hope that your life never crosses the path of such people. It was my misfortune and fate that my life did cross the path of some very sick people. And it all started by answering a want ad for a job!

No comments: