Friday, June 24, 2011

The same thing over and over again.

In early March, I sent a copy of the letter that I had sent to all of the U.S. Senators to the Chairman of the Board and the President of RAM. On the top of the letter, I put "For Your Information". I wanted to make sure that The Crazies knew that I was not going to stop fighting no matter what my condition was and I want the elite rulers to know that I was not going to go away and do them a favor. I also knew I had no hope of winning, but at least I could be a thorn in their side. And until the day I die, I intend to be a thorn in the side of the sick bastards that destroyed my life. That's the least I can do.

Finally, on March 23, 1983 I received a response from RAM. I did not open the letter immediately. I knew the letter could only mean trouble so I waited a couple of days before I was prepared to face whatever The Crazies had in store for me. The Mailgram was from an assistant to the President of RAM, and said they had tried unsuccessfully to reach me by phone and that I should call him collect at a number given in the mailgram. I concluded that the letter was legitimate since I was the only person in the house during the day, and I never answered the phone, the only way for RAM to contact me was through some sort of written message.

On March 25, I called the number in the Mailgram. An assistant to the president of RAM informed me that he had been given the responsibility of handling my letter and that it had been decided to treat my letter as an internal RAM "open door policy" matter. He asked me what RAM could do for me and then suggested I might be able to go back to work at another RAM site such as one in Phoenix, AZ. He said he would see if that was possible and that he would call me back the next morning between ten and eleven A.M. He was very exact about when he would call and he repeated it several times. I hung up the phone wondering what The Crazies were up to this time. I couldn't believe that The Crazies would let me go back to work at RAM. I decided to wait and see what RAM's next response would be.

The next day I waited for the phone call that had been promised. Ten o'clock passed and the eleven and no phone call was received. I spent the rest of the day in the house waiting for a call that never materialized. RAM had used my letter as an excuse to irritate me more. They had no intention of addressing my problems. This was the exact same pattern that Gamma Supplies had used after I had left there. Darth Korey had called me and said that he wanted to talk to me about hiring me back and that he would call back to let me know when he could come to Scranton and talk to me. Of course, in that instance too, Darth Corey never called back. The scheme was just another plan by The Crazies to repeat a scenario.

I often wondered why I never left the country early on when I suspected the government's involvement in the torture. But psychologists have a term called the "Normalcy Bias". What the normalcy bias means is that in a crisis or in a disaster, people believe that the situation can't get as bad as they actually do. That is, people view things from a "normal" reference point. For example, many wealthy Jews in Germany never fled the country in the late 30's despite all of the Nazi rhetoric because of the normalcy bias. The couldn't imagine gas chambers and extermination camps. In my case, I couldn't imagine people sick enough and so full of hate that they would want to torture me to death. It just wasn't in the range of a normal persons' thoughts. Which was The Crazies, original premise; no one would believe me because no one in a responsible position would try to torture a victim to death. And by letting people know about The Crazies, I want working amerikans to stretch their view of "normal" in Nazi Amerika.

No comments: