Monday, September 17, 2012

Parallels between the US and Russian Systems

What is interesting about the time period when I became an amerikan political prisoner and was brutally tortured is that it is the same time period that Andre Sakharov was a famous political prisoner in the former Soviet Union.  Because Sakharov became the darling of the fascist media, I was able to follow his trials and tribulations at the same time I was experiencing mine.   Between 1980 to 1986, Sakharov was kept under tight Soviet police surveillance. In his memoirs he mentions that their apartment in Gorky was repeatedly subjected to searches and heists. He had his car stolen and then it was returned to him badly damaged.  And of course, he was repeatedly forcibly confined to hospitals for "treatment."  Does that sound familiar if you have been following my blog?!


Psychiatric diagnoses such as the diagnosis of "schizophrenia" in political dissidents in the USSR were used for political purposes. It was the diagnosis of "sluggish schizophrenia" that was most prominently used in cases of dissidents. The leading critics implied that the Soviet model of schizophrenia and the diagnosis was to make political dissent into a mental disease. The political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR arose from the conception that people who opposed the Soviet regime were mentally sick since there was no other logical rationale why one would oppose the sociopolitical system considered the best in the world (sound familiar?).  Maybe you are beginning to see why I tell people that the Bible's view that all governments are under the control of Satan is true and that amerika is no exception.

I should point out that when I was taking classes to become certified to teach in PA, that the Russian couple I befriended told me that inside the Soviet Union, most people were totally unaware of Andre Sakharov's plight and that he was virtually unknown in his own country.  It was only in the western world where his situation could be politically exploited was his plight publicized on an almost daily basis.  As you will learn later in a future blog, people outside the US knew of my plight.

Back to my story:
While my car was not stolen, my car was repeatedly subject of sabotage.  My car was in a repair shop the day I was fired.  I waited until that Friday to go pick up my car at the garage.  The service manager informed me that they were just completing the work and I could have it as soon as the mechanic took it for a test drive.  About five minutes later, the service manager told me that there was still a problem with the car over heating.  We walked out the the garage area where the service manager and the mechanic got in my car and took off.  I stood there a little amazed that after two days my car was not repaired.


To Be Continued:

No comments: