Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can you trust your THE RAPIST (therapist)?

That evening I decided to change the locks again. However, the burglar-proof locks I had installed were impossible to remove and I spent over an hour trying to figure out a way to change them without damageing the doors. Finally Anita became irritated with me and yelled out, "Russell, get up here! You have an obsession with locks." Anita said it in a tone that implied that changeing the locks was not going to do any good. I knew she was right and reluctantly gave up and decided to live with the fact that "they" could come and go in my house as they pleased.

I did consider getting a couple of big fierce dogs, but I wasn't happy about that solution to the problem and I was concerned for the safety of our small maltese/poodle if I had two large dogs around.

I continued to see Dr. Cohen, but I was becoming increasingly frustrated at his unwillingness to discuss the things which were happening in my life. Instead of talking about the issues, he continued to take detailed notes of the events which had happened at Gamma Supplies as I related them to him. Finally, one evening Anita was going to be late for my appointment. Dr. Cohen said that was good because he wanted to talk to me alone anyway. Then he pulled his chair forward, leaned toward me and out of the blue said, "Tell me Russell, do you have an obsession with locks?" I sat there stunned and before I could say anything he continued and related another coincidence to me. I sat there shocked and felt I could no longer trust him. Nothing had been done except a coincidence, but it was enough to make me paranoid after all of the conditioning I had been subjected to. And of course, I was suppose to be paranoid.

As soon as Anita showed up, everything became normal except that at the end of the session, Dr. Cohen informed me that he would have to change the day of our weekly meeting. Any day was acceptable to me, but it just happened to turn out that the only day acceptable to him was Mondays which was the only evening Anita could not attend. Now that was some coincidence! From then on, I went alone on Mondays to my weekly sessions without a corroborating witness.

No comments: