Sunday, October 11, 2009

To Be Paranoid, EVERYONE must be against you!

Due to Anita's apparent growing skepticism, I decided Anita should attend my weekly visits to the psychologist with me. We would comfirm my beliefs. My visits to Howard Cohen, psycholoogist, were arranged for a mid-week evening. Ursula initially attended with me. The first couple of sessions were perfectly normal and I was glad to have someone to talk to.

Howard Cohen had been professionaly successful and was on the state evaluation board.
He was a small balding man in his late forties who held his practice in an office located in his attractive home. He was easy to talk to, but at times I felt he was more interested in telling me how important he was rather than listening to my problems. Initially I had hoped he would discuss the strange things that were happening in my life, but instead he wanted to talk about Gamma Supplies. I said fine. Then he took out a paper and pen and wrote down everything I told him. This made the process painfully slow and laborious, and of course it used up valuable time that I was paying for without giving me any real benefit. Anita sat through these sessions quietly and seldom said anything. The sessions with Dr. Cohen benefitted me very little, but by attending these sessions I felt I was fulfilling my part of "the deal".

Anita now completely changed he position about the whole affair. Now instead of being supportive about things, she was an oppenent. When I would tell her about the annoying phone calls at work, she would defend them by saying people sometimes get the wrong number. When someone would give me double talk or directly lie to me, I would ask her if she noticed anything wrong and she would reply that everything was normal. I was perplexed by her change in her position.

No comments: