Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Decided to address "my problem"

The next day at work, I went into John's office and told him I had decided to see a Ph.D. psychologist about my problem. John offered to make an appointment to see the company doctor again, but I declined and said I would see my own doctor. John said he was glad I was taking care of my serious problem.

The events at work continued to occur and involved more and more people. On day while I was out of the office an old friend from graduate school who lived in the area called me. Usually no one took my calls or told me anything, but this was different. When I returned to my office, there was a note on my desk that Barry Grinie from Exxon had called. I threw the note away because I knew "they" would not allow me to have any social interactions because "they" had always made every effort to isolate me. Soon Osama came in and told me Barry Grinie had called. Then the secretary told me the same thing as did two people from an adjacent office. For weeks no one had take a single call for me even though I had received some and now suddenly everyone was telling me about one call. The whole incident seemed orchestrated.

After a lot of internal conflict, I decided to give Barry a call. Barry had been in the same entering class at graduated school and had worked for the same research advisor. While at graduate school we had paried and dined together, and after we went our separate ways we had kept in touch. I had known Barry was in the area, but under the circumstances I had decided not to contact him. Now he had initiated the contact. I returned Barry's call and he was glad to hear from me and was very aggressive about getting together with our wives as soon as possible. I told him I was having a garage sale the next weekend, but anytime after that would be fine. I was relieved that the situation was normal and the whole thing had not been a set-up the way "they" usually did things. My relief however, would be short lived.

No comments: